The Data Curation Network is interested in growing our project during our pilot implementation phase (July 1, 2018-June 30, 2021) which is supported by a grant from the Alfred P. Sloan foundation to the University of Minnesota and the in-kind staff effort from across the DCN partner institutions
The Data Curation Network will benefit researchers, their disciplines, and the end users of data world-wide by providing coordinated data curation services via a distributed network of expert curation staff. In order to incrementally grow the DCN during the implementation phase we will sponsor four new partner institutions that bring a unique set of domain and disciplinary expertise as well as established data repository services; two institutions will be invited to join in Year 2 of the project (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2021) and an additional two institutions will be invited to join in Year 3 of the project (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021).
New partner institutions joining during the DCN implementation phase will receive:
- Access to a network of expert data curators, who are trained in specialized data curation procedures and bring a broad variety of format and domain expertise, to curate data sets intended for your local repository service.
- Travel support for each institution to send a ‘DCN Representative’ to attend and participate in the annual All Hands Meeting that will be held in Minneapolis, MN in July 2019 and June 2020.
- Travel support for each institution to send (two) ‘DCN Curators’ to attend two-day in-person training in specialized data curation procedures (workshop be held in conjunction with the All Hands Meeting).
- Opportunities to present at conferences and co-author articles and research papers on topics related to the DCN.
- Opportunity to help shape the future direction of the DCN during the pilot implementation phase.
- Option to continue as a sustaining member post-implementation phase (or not).
No monetary fees are contributed during this fully-funded implementation phase and no expectations of long-term involvement are required (project phase ends June 30, 2021). Partner contributions to the project during this pilot are in the form of staff effort only. The institution may choose to formally join the DCN once the sustainability model (under development) is implemented in July 2021.
We invite expressions of interest from institutions with existing staff and expertise that would help expand our project. A survey form collecting expressions of interest will be open in Year 2 and Year 3.
- Now accepting expressions of interest for potential new partner institutions interested in joining the DCN in Year 2.
- Deadline: March 31, 2019.
- Fill out the survey or contact the PI directly.
Please contact Lisa Johnston, Principal Investigator of the Data Curation Network, with any questions.