Barriers to Collaboration: Lessons Learned from the Data Curation Network. Research Library Issues, no. 296 (2018): 37–43. https://doi.org/10.29242/rli.296.5.
Data Curation Network: A Cross-Institutional Staffing Model for Curating Research Data. (2018). International Journal of Digital Curation. Vol 13 No 1. https://doi.org/10.2218/ijdc.v13i1.616.
How Important is Data Curation? Gaps and Opportunities for Academic Libraries. (2018). Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication, 6 (1), eP2198. http://doi.org/10.7710/2162-3309.2198.
– Related Dataset and Interview Protocol: https://doi.org/10.13020/D6PQ30.
SPEC Kit #354: Data Curation. (2017). Association of Research Libraries (ARL). May 2017. https://doi.org/10.29242/spec.354.
– Related dataset: https://github.com/1heidi/dcn_spec_kit_data
– Webinar recording from June 14, 2017: https://youtu.be/Bsdvq6h8QU8
Data Curation Network: How Do We Compare? A Snapshot of Six Academic Library Institutions’ Data Repository and Curation Services. (2017). Journal of eScience Librarianship 6(1): e1102. https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2017.1102.
Data Curation Network planning phase final report. Download PDF
- Radical collaboration: Joining forces to address user needs around research data management (slides), Open Repositories Conference in Hamburg, Germany, June 10-13, 2019.
- Data curation network: leveraging expertise to curate data at scale (slides), IASSIST in Sydney, Australia, May 27-31, 2019.
- Community-Developed Infrastructure for Curating Research Data: DCN Update (poster), Research Data Access and Preservation Summit, Coral Gables, FL, May 15-17, 2019.
- Walk it like you talk it: Jira as a tool for documenting the curation process (poster), Research Data Alliance 13th Plenary in Philadelphia, PA, April 2-4, 2019.
- Measuring the Value of Data Curation: Preliminary Results from the Data Curation Network (poster), Research Data Alliance 13th Plenary in Philadelphia, PA, April 2-4, 2019.
- Overview of the Data Curation Network (slides), NSF Data Sharing for Biological Anthropology Workshop in Milwaukee, WI, February 8-9, 2019.
- Data Curation Network: A curator’s perspective (slides), International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC) in Melbourne, Australia on February 5, 2019.
- DCN Shared staffing model for Data Curation (slides), DataOne Webinar December 11, 2018.
- Data Curation Services, Together (slides), RDAP Webinar November, 8, 2018.
- Putting theory into practice: Lessons from the Data Curation Network (slides), DLF Forum Las Vegas, NV October 16, 2018.
- Data Curation Network: Developing and Scaling Research Data Management (slides), NISO virtual conference “Open Data Projects” June 13, 2018.
- Data Curation Workshop: Update on IASSIST Mini-grant (slides), IASSIST Annual Conference in Montréal, Canada, May 29, 2018.
- Presentation (slides) at the CNI Spring 2018 Membership Meeting in San Diego, CA on April 12-13, 2018
- Presentation (slides) at the Research Data Access, and Preservation (RDAP) Summit in Chicago, IL on March 22, 2018
- Poster presented at the Research Data Alliance 11th Plenary, Berlin, Germany, March 23, 2018
- Presentation (slides) presented at the International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC) in Barcelona, Spain February 20, 2018
- Poster presented at the Community Standards for 3D Data Preservation, St. Louis, MN February 5, 2018
Additional reports and presentations from the Data Curation Network Project Planning Phase (2016-2017) are archived in the University of Minnesota Digital Conservancy at http://hdl.handle.net/11299/202807.
Webinars and Recorded Presentations
Data Curation Network: Expanding the community curation toolkit (webinar)
RDAP Primerpalooza: Introducing the Data Curation Primers (webinar),
Radical Collaboration in Practice – an update from the Data curation Network (slides), RDAP Webinar July 8, 2019.