As part of a collaborative learning series between the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Data Curation Network, we are pleased to offer an in-person data curation workshop April 12-13, 2023, at the NIH Campus in Bethesda, Maryland. This free two-day training session uses the CURATE(D) workflow as a training foundation, and will bring together library data specialists, discipline and functional experts in a peer-to-peer learning environment.
This workshop is specifically geared towards institutions that have limited curation support. We invite applications from solo librarians and data stewards, researchers, domain-repository curators, and less experienced professionals.
We also invite applications from individuals at minority serving institutions, including Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Hispanic Serving Institutions and members of historically oppressed communities.
The workshop will be capped at 30 participants. Applications will be reviewed by workshop instructors using the publicly available rubric.
- Increase understanding of data curation practices and tools for various disciplines, data types and formats.
- Share expertise and extend curation capacity for data and information professionals, including researchers, nationwide.
- Meet like-minded colleagues who are interested in developing or enhancing curation practices at their institutions.
Who should attend:
- Subject specialists and library staff with functional expertise curating research data or other experiences working with research data.
- Data and information professionals who have experience working with research data and are interested in expanding their knowledge of curation practices into new formats or disciplines.
- Those interested in sharing their expertise and developing actionable data curation primers.
There is no fee to attend the workshop, and NIH will cover the travel costs of attendees. Information will be provided via email and through the DCN website.
Applications due February 17, 2023— Applications are now closed.
- Applicants will be notified of status on March 3
- Registration / confirmation required by March 10
We hope you’ll consider joining us! If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Mikala Narlock (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note: the DCN and NIH will release health guidelines for attendees closer to the event.